Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
The new Winter-Release comes with a multitude of new features. For a first impression, click on the image above to view our release brochure. Below, you find a detailed list of the most important features.
Note, that most of the features are only available in the full ENVI-met versions, not in BASIC.
- Monde, the new vector based world editor with online integration of OpenStreetMap and OpenTopography (Beta)
- The new ENVIGuide assisting you in the generation of .SIMX simulation files
- ForcingCreator assisting you to generate files for the new full-forcing based on meassured data or EPW files
- Converter tool from EDX files into the NetCDFformat
- Plug-in for Rhino Grasshopper/Ladybug to create ENVI-met Area Input files and Simulation files and start ENVI-met from Grashopper (to be released individually in early December)
New Model features
- New facade and roof greening model with detailed calculation of exchange processes at the plant and the substrate layer
- Full Forcing allows you integrate meassured data or data from larger-scale models into the ENVI-met simulation. All variables including wind and solar radition can be “forced”
- Buildings can have individual wall and roof materials and wall and roof greening in ConceptDesign mode
- The simulation files have a new format (.SIMX) with more options to control the model configuration
- The popular IVS method can now be executed in the memory which increases the calculation speed drastically. (A parallel version is up-to-come)
Databasesystem, DBManager and related
- The ENVI-met database system has been extended to 6-char IDs to allow a better organisation of IDs. The system will automatically convert old 2-char IDs
- The DBManager features a new tool to calculate pollutant emissions from car traffic based on standard emission factors
- Receptor names can have any length now
- The new TreeCalender allws a dynamical adjustment of the leaf area density of plants with respect to the month of the year to simulate seasonal effects
- The user can set the solar transmissivity of leafs in order to better simulate the absorption of radiation and shadow casting
- The Tree database (Albero) has been re-structured (The old trees are still available)
- SPACES have been re-designed to include the new features such as facade/roof greening or topography integration.