Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
ENVI-met Knowledgebase Overview
The ENVI-met Knowledge Base aims to explain some of the ENVI-met features and aspects about the simulation in deeper detail than the basic documentation does. It also is an essence of the different FAQ and disussions raised in the ENVI-met bulletin board over the time.
You can start browsing & reading here, but you will also find cross-links to the connected Knowledge Base items in the different topics concerned. Also, occasionally ENVI-met will suggest you to have a look at some of the items.
If you are frustrated from “Floating Point Errors” or similar, please read Instability/Numerical Errors first!
Some articles are still related to V3.
- Model Layout A Graphical Overview of the ENVI-met Main Structure
- Vertical Grid Layout Different Methods of constructing the Vertical Grid Layers
- Nesting Grids How and why use Nesting Grids
- Total Model Height Some Remarks on the choice of the Model Height
- Lateral Boundary Conditions What are the Differences between them
- Model Roatation How and why
- Parallel Computing Tips & Tricks and Best Practice
- Creating Time Series using Receptors How to extract Time Series using Receptors
- Using polutant sources in ENVI-met. A general overview on how to integrate pollutants in your ENVI-met models
- Flow Problems Reason and Handling - What to do if the Flow Solution fails
- Turbulence Model Some Remarks on the Turbulence Model of ENVI-met
- Instability/Numerical Errors Numerical Problems and how they might be minimized
- Longwave Flux Divergence Implementation in the Temperature eq. and effects
- Obtaining Leaf Area Density Data How to get an estimate on the Vertical LAD Distribution of a Plant